ORION OVC60 Cello Student Pack Outfit
*while stock lasts
Get started on you cello journey with the ORION OVC60 pack!
The ORION OVC60 is the entry level cello in the ORION brand. An affordable SOLID top instrument that will allow all beginning students the opportunity to learn on a genuine, decent instrument. This pack contains all the essential items you will need to begin playing the cello.
What's new about this 2021 OVC60?
What makes the OVC60 an even better beginner cello is that this model has upgraded parts and has undergone a professional luthier's set-up. The upgraded parts include ebony pegs which will help hold tune, usually one of the biggest issues with entry-level cellos. The fingerboard and tailpiece are also solid ebony (less steely sounding cello). Ebony fingerboard is more durable than painted black woods which can often be significantly affected by weather changes and more prone to cracking in this hot Australian climate.
The 2021 OVC60 features longer fine tuners - Most beginner cellist use the fine tuners to tune their cello, the OVC60 has four extra-long gold nickel fine tuners which makes tuning much easier!
This OVC60 outfit includes a bag and a quality student bow. A good beginner brazilwood bow with ebony frog and fine horsehair will start your musical journey right, which also happens to be ORION's motto.
Each OVC60 is individually assembled, set up, and inspected by our experienced luthiers before the instrument leaves Crescendo Music.
Crescendo’s professional String Instrument Setup includes:
- shaping the fingerboard and nut to professional curvature
- carving and fitting the bridge to the instrument
- upgrading strings with quality studio steel strings
- tuning the instrument
- fitting and adjusting the soundpost
All ORION violins, violas, and cellos can be traded in for a different size/model. Trade-in credit value up to 40%, subject to condition.
- OVC60 cello
- Padded carry bag with back straps
- Brazilwood cello bow
- Hidersine cello rosin
- Slipstop cello endpin holder
- Practice Ultra rubber mute
- Cello keyring
- Dont Fret fingerboard stickers
- Music stand with bag
- Hand-crafted from select aged tonewood
- Solid spruce top
- Solid maple neck
- Solid flamed maple back
- Genuine Hand-inlaid Purfling
- Ebony pegs
- Ebony fingerboard
- Aluminium tailpiece with 4 built-in adjusters
- Quality maple bridge
- Outfit includes a student Brazil wood bow and padded bag
- Available in 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 4/4 cello sizes