This information describes the conditions on which you attend the ORION Academy of Music including what happens when a lesson is missed / cancelled or you wish to cancel your enrolment. If you do not agree to any of the conditions, please inform us in writing seven (7) days before your first lesson. By attending a lesson, you will be signifying your consent to these terms and conditions.
A printed copy of these conditions is also available at the academy.
Enrolment and Fee PaymentThe lesson fee can be paid with the following payment methods:
1. Lessons are charged at:
• Option 1 : Full Term rate (10 weeks) and are paid in its entirety before the commencement of the term, in the final week before the end of the current term. Payment not received by the due date (date of the final lesson) will incur a $15 late fee, which will be reflected on the follow-up invoice.
2. Music instruments and accessories, music books, theory books and other lesson materials, competitions, concert tickets / registration, examination registration fees are not included in tuition and will be invoiced separately. You will receive invoice for books or any of the above mentioned musical activities. This invoice needs to be paid within 7 days after receiving the invoice.
3. Enrolment priority will be given to existing students however, if you do not re-enrol within the enrolment period, we cannot guarantee your current lesson time slot. You will receive each new term's invoice during the re-enrolment period (2 - 4 weeks before the commencement of the new term). At this time you should let us know (in writing) if you intend to re-enrol or not so that we can make the place available to the next waiting student. Please ensure that a written cancellation is given to the academy a full four weeks prior to the start of the term in order to avoid incurring the next term's fees.
4. Mid-term enrolments are billed on a pro rata basis and will need an immediate payment to reserve the agreed lesson time.
5. Tuition fee (whether paid with the options of full or half term rate) and the teacher’s schedule reservations are for the entire term, no refund is given should a student decides to withdraw before the term ends.
6. Music lessons during the term holidays may be requested, though depending on the teacher’s availability. Fees remain at the same rate as the normal term lessons and are payable at the start of each session.
1. Please attend lessons regularly, according to the allocated lesson time.
2. The ORION Academy of Music is consistently expanding because we have a dedicated team of music teachers. In order to respect the teaching schedule of our panel of teachers at the academy, replacement lessons are not guaranteed should a lesson be missed by the student.
3. Cancellation of a lesson must be made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a replacement lesson, though at the teacher’s discretion and dependent on the studios’ availability; our teachers are not obligated to give replacement lessons should the student decide to miss lessons.
- The only exceptions to the above term will be illness / injuries with a medical certificate and a written notice to our music admin at least 5 hours prior to scheduled lesson time. Absences because of illness without a doctor’s certificate will be forfeited.
- There will be no more than two (2) replacement lessons per term, further lessons missed by the student will be forfeited and still charged for.
- Replacement lessons can only be attended during your period of enrolment, and cannot be added to the length of your enrolment. Subject to approval, one (1) replacement lesson may be attended after the enrolment period only if you have re-enrolled and paid for a new enrolment period.
4. We do not offer refunds if you change your mind, go on a holiday, return to work or are unable to attend your sessions. When you make a Term Booking we hold your place for the whole term. We must honour our instrumental music tutors' time committed to our music academy during the term, tutors will have to give up their time and they do not get paid for the extra lesson outside the regular teaching schedule.
5. If you are late to your lesson the time cannot be redeemed as the teacher is unable to make-up that time for you, so the lesson will need to finish on time.
6. If your teacher is absent, we will endeavour to have a relief teacher to cover your lesson for that period otherwise will schedule a make up lesson with your own instrumental music tutor within the same teaching term.
7. If a student decides to withdraw from the lessons altogether, a two-week notice before the end of the current term via email is required.
This policy is to help us run the music academy properly with consideration for all our students and teachers.