We are grateful for the pleasure of serving you and meeting your music supply needs, more importantly, we want you to love your purchase Our online Returns Policy includes the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law.
If you are not satisfied with the product(s) purchased online, for any reason, you must contact Crescendo Music to obtain a returns authorisation within seven (7) days of the receipt of your order. All products must be returned to Crescendo Music.
Change of MindYou may request for an exchange as long as the product(s) is returned in a saleable condition with original proof of purchase. If you are unable to provide satisfactory Proof of Purchase, we are unable to provide you with a change of mind return or exchange. Please note that our team members are not responsible for proving your purchase. You must supply the proof of purchase, which our team members can validate.
- By saleable condition we mean that the item hasn’t been opened or used, is still in its original packaging and all manuals, packaging and accessories are included.
Our store team members will assess the item (in-store and online returns) to determine whether an exchange will be offered in accordance with our Returns Policy. Delivery and gift wrapping costs are non-refundable for change of mind returns. If free freight / freight subsidy was provided by Crescendo Music, then the original freight cost will be deducted from the order's return credit / refund.
- Any costs incurred in returning items to Crescendo Music are the responsibility of the purchaser. If an item qualifies for free shipping, the actual cost of outbound shipping will be deducted from the return credit.
If your order is eligible to return, you can choose between:
- A refund, less a 10% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund, or
- A store credit for the total amount paid (excludes custom orders) that will be valid for 12 months.
*restocking fee to cover the additional costs incurred by Crescendo Music.
We recognise that the option to return an unwanted item is important to our customers. To ensure a positive shopping experience for all customers and to prevent fraud, abuse and misuse of this policy, Crescendo Music may refuse to accept items returned for Change of Mind if we identify an unreasonable or excessive return pattern and may also restrict or refuse future transactions from such individuals.
Some items are ineligible for return:
- Items on clearance and one-off special items
- Items that cannot be returned for hygiene reasons, copyright regulations, or have a unique activation code include:
- Instrument string sets, harmonicas, recorders, reeds, mouthpieces and related items, vocal microphones, unsealed / opened earplugs, earphones & headphones and instrument care products
- Sheet music, recorded music (CDs, DVDs), books and other published material cannot be returned due to copyright regulations
- Special order and custom-order items are non-cancellable and non-refundable. If you wish to cancel a special order or custom-order item, a 10% re-stocking fee will apply, with a store credit issued for the remaining amount paid (no refund will be paid out).
Use of Discount Coupon
Discount Coupon code cannot be used again if the order placed with the discount coupon was cancelled, because you have already redeemed that particular discount coupon. Discount Coupon is not refundable and cannot be exchanged with coupons of other denominations.
Warranty Covered Faulty Product(s)
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. Where you believe an item is faulty or defective, it may be necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time. A returns authorisation will be issued after the product(s) is received at Crescendo Music and is deemed faulty if it is broken, damaged or has a manufacturing fault. All returned products must contain the original contents of the shipment, including product packaging / box, accessories, manuals and any other related documentation. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage occurred during the transport of the return.
If the goods or service has a major failure, you may reject the good or service and seek a refund (the refund will be provided using your original payment method), exchange or repair or you may keep the item and seek compensation for any drop in value. Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied.
The business may take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors:
- type of product
- how a consumer is likely to use the product
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
If the failure is minor, we will repair the item (or, at our discretion, we may replace the item or refund you) within a reasonable time. If the problem with a product or service is minor, you must accept a free repair if the business offers you one.
If the product is found not to have a problem, you may be required to pay the transport or inspection costs. An estimate of these costs should be provided to you before the product is collected, and the costs must not be inflated in an attempt to deter you from pursuing your claims.
Where an item is damaged through misuse, neglect or abnormal use, we will not provide a refund, exchange or repair.
Item(s) Damaged in Transit
We pack every parcel with care to ensure it arrives at its destination in the same condition it leaves our warehouse. Unfortunately, we cannot bear responsibility for the duty and care of our freight partners. Tracking (where available) and delivery concerns should be directed to the appropriate freight company.
If the product was damaged during shipment, you may send us an email and include photos of the damaged shipment packaging and damaged product. We will forward these photos to the respective freight companies for a record.
The recipient of the order should then present the damaged item and the packaging at an Australia Post office for a damage report to be completed (only the person to whom the item is addressed can present the item). Please note that not all of Australia Post offices are able to complete damage reports. Please ask at your local outlet or look for Post Offices listed as Post Shops or Business Hubs in Australia Post's locations and hours tool. An Australia Post retail staff will submit a Customer Service Complaint on your behalf (you’ll need to leave the item and all packaging with our staff for processing). You will be requested supporting documentation, which may include proof of identity, a statutory declaration, receipts for postage or the item itself, and other item details.