Orion OVL500 Antique 4/4 size Violin Outfit
The ORION OVL500 (antique finish) is the intermediate level violin in the ORION violin lineup. Hand applied red-burst colour varnish on a select aged European spruce top and fine aged maple back and sides. The OVL500 bears artificial damage marks on the body of the instrument, this is purposefully made during the antiquing process to replicate an older violin.
The antiquing points are carefully and professionally engraved on only the necessary parts of the violin. This model is superior to the OVL400 in both its level of attention to detail and tonal depth.
The OVL500 has a powerful, dark response and is able to resonate freely. It's resonance is projecting, yet smooth sounding, dissimilar to a bright and piercing sound. This model is made from our multi Award-Winning workshop in Beijing, under strict guidance of our crafts master.
The OVL500 instrument is professionally set up, and inspected by our experienced luthiers before the instrument leaves Crescendo Music.
Crescendo’s professional String Instrument Setup includes:
- shaping the fingerboard and nut to professional curvature
- carving and fitting the bridge to the instrument
- shaping and fitting pegs
- upgrading strings with quality studio steel strings
- fitting and adjusting the soundpost
All ORION violins, violas, and cellos can be traded in for a different size/model. Trade-in credit value up to 40%, subject to condition.
- Entirely hand-carved select tonewoods:
- European solid spruce top
- European one piece maple back, neck and sides
- 10 years naturally dried, aged spruce and maple
- Aubert violin bridge
- Stradivari design
- Fine Ebony fingerboard
- Fine Ebony pegs
- Genuine inlaid purfling
- Hand-applied antique-style spirit varnish
- Plastic tailpiece with E fine adjuster
- Upgraded studio strings
- Hardwood bow with ebony frog
- Lightweight case
- Size : 4/4 size