Orion OVL800 4/4 size Violin Outfit
The ORION OVL800 is the intermediate to advanced level violin in the ORION violin lineup. This model sits between a 7/8 and a 4/4 size violin, a unique pursuit from smaller sized violinists looking for a comfortable body size. The slightly smaller body and flatter body depth OVL800 has not sacrificed tone or volume. In fact, it plays freely and sonorously with a projecting lows, warm and full-bodied mids, and clear highs (also dependant on what strings used).
This violin is currently strung with the Thomastik Dominants 135, which is a fitting set for this particular violin.
Compared with the OVL500, the OVL800 is a unique model on its own. It's smaller body is still crafted with higher grade European timbers, and upgraded ebony pegs. This model is made from our multi Award-Winning workshop in Beijing, under the strict guidance from our master luthier.
The OVL800 violin goes through a more extensive set up, and inspected by our experienced luthier before the instrument leaves Crescendo Music.
Crescendo’s professional String Instrument Setup includes:
- shaping the fingerboard and nut to professional curvature
- carving and fitting the bridge to the instrument
- shaping and fitting pegs
- upgrading strings with quality studio steel strings
- fitting and adjusting the soundpost
All ORION violins, violas, and cellos can be traded in for a different size/model. Trade-in credit value up to 40%, subject to condition.
- Length of back: 35.8cm
- Upper bout: 16.6cm
- Lower bout: 20.9cm
- Entirely hand-carved select tonewoods:
- European solid spruce top
- European one piece maple back, neck and sides
- 10 - 12 years naturally dried, aged European spruce and maple
- Aubert violin bridge
- Stradivari design
- Fine Ebony fingerboard
- Fine Ebony pegs
- Genuine inlaid purfling
- Hand-applied antique-style oil varnish
- Plastic tailpiece with E fine adjuster
- Thomastik Dominant strings
- Hardwood bow with ebony frog
- Lightweight case
- Size : 4/4 size