Orion OVL400 Antique 4/4 size Violin Outfit
The ORION OVL400 (antique finish) is an intermediate violin for advancing players. The OVL400 series offers a highly expressive range of tonal colours for the performing artist. This model compared with the OVL300, has a closer attention to detail in it's varnishing and antiquing skills, which is a time-consuming part of violin making.
The 400 model is available in two different varnishings, amber brown which has a red-burst and antiqued body or antique varnish which is walnut in colour. This model is also superior in its timber materials, hand-picked and hand-carved. This model is made from our multi Award-Winning workshop in Beijing, under strict guidance of our crafts master.
The OVL400 instrument is individually assembled, set up, and inspected by our experienced luthiers before the instrument leaves Crescendo Music.
Crescendo’s professional String Instrument Setup includes:
- shaping the fingerboard and nut to professional curvature
- carving and fitting the bridge to the instrument
- shaping and fitting pegs
- upgrading strings with quality studio steel strings
- fitting and adjusting the soundpost
All ORION violins, violas, and cellos can be traded in for a different size/model. Trade-in credit value up to 40%, subject to condition.
- Carved tonewoods:
- Solid spruce top
- Solid maple back, neck and sides
- 10 years naturally dried, aged spruce and maple
- Aged maple violin bridge
- Stradivari design
- Ebony fingerboard
- Ebony pegs
- Genuine inlaid purfling
- Hand applied antiqued oil varnish
- Classic antiquing
- Plastic tailpiece with E fine adjuster
- Upgraded studio strings
- Hardwood bow with ebony frog
- Lightweight case
- Size : 4/4 size